Buy-Down CSA Program
By purchasing our "buy-down" or "credit account" CSA program, members will have access to a steady supply of our artisanal goats cheeses, our healthy, flavorful meets, and our other farmstead products.
The dairy goat heard is our pride and joy here at Asgaard, and for good reason. We have been producing award-winning farmstead goat cheeses for over six years from the exceptional milk that our girls provide. CSA members will have first dibs on all of our tasty cheeses, and will be able to enjoy our delicious raw goats milk as well!
In addition to our cheeses, members can also stock up on our 100% grass-fed and finished beef, whey-fed pork, pastured poultry, and pastured goat meat. We follow an intensive rotational grazing system for all of our animals. Out goats and pigs also get to browse and root through the woods. We will give our CSA members exclusive first rights to new cuts as they come in - so when we get bacon back in our freezers, you'll be the first to know!
- You pay in advance for the meat, cheese and other products that you will receive in the future.
- When you pay, you get a 10% discount.
- We let you know ahead of time the dates we expect to harvest chickens on the farm as well as the dates we expect to get other meats back from our Animal Welfare Approved butcher. We will also let you know when we have new cheeses coming out, or when we have a new batch of something we've previously had out of stock.
- You can come to the farm and pick your items out yourselves, or you can order things in advance when we inform you of the dates. After you have had an opportunity to satisfy your own needs (we're thinking 10 days), we will advertise availability of meat and other products to the general public.
- In general, we adhere to the following meat production schedule:
- chickens from May through September
- beef from August through December
- pork in October and November
- goat meat in November or December
- All meats, except for chickens during the summer, come frozen. Needless to say, the best selections will coincide with the seasonality of the production schedule, but we raise enough livestock to keep our freezers fairly well stocked throughout the year. The same is true for our cheeses - the most plentiful availability will be during the high season (May-October) but we will have many of our selections all year long.
- You have total flexibility on how and when you use your "credit account". Prefer mostly premium cuts? Stock up on those. Don't eat goat meat? No problem. Off to Fiji for a couple of months? Pick up where you left off when you return. Our only request is that you make an effort to use up your "credit account" within a year of establishing it.
- Your CSA "credit account" can be used to purchase anything that we sell - farmstead goat cheeses, fresh (raw) goats milk, free-range eggs, and meat.
You pay $225 for $250 worth of products
You pay $450 for $500 worth of products
You pay $900 for $1000 worth of products
If you're interested in learning more about our CSA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.